Thursday, August 20, 2009

The Wedding


I took a friend of mine on a little road trip this week. We went shopping in Georgia to look for a dress for me to wear to THE WEDDING!!! Son #2 finally popped the question this spring and she accepted!!! The wedding is in December. Here is the beautiful (I may be a little prejudiced) couple.....




The bride has everything under control, she is very organized. I am not so much.... I was stressed about my dress....I'm not easy to fit...I didn't want to look like the Groom's Granny or a little kid ( remember I am a size 2).....I wanted it to be simple and elegant.....and comfortable....and not beige.....blue would be nice...

I tried one store by myself.....They did not laugh at all my issues....they basically ignored me...said "there's the rack".....I left....I wanted a little special treatment!



So we loaded up and went out of town. They were so nice and listened to my list of demands.....and went about the business of making my dream come true. They had suggestions and were excited and I found it! THE DRESS!!! I feel so much better!




With that taken care of we spent the day shopping for my friend's pregnant daughter-in-law.....and her future grandchild....yes, I am jealous......

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the dress. I can see "your friend" in the mirror. I went shopping yesterday with 2 friends. Hit all our favorite places. Got Swampgirl a cute white Willi Smith blouse. Hope she will like it. Now for a dress for me and I do hope I will look like somebody's Gramma! Ha!
Lilly
xxoo

Anonymous said...

BEAUTIFUL Dress!!!!! I'm sure you will have a grandchild on the way before you know it lol!!!

Congrats to the future newlyweds :D

AM said...

That dress is STUNNING on you!

Blue Creek Home said...

You look mah-ve-lous, dah-ling!!!!

Answer to the rug question.
I got is at Mission Thrift Store next to K Mart in Auburn.
Rhonda

Sandy said...

You look great in that dress. I love the color.

Nevis said...

CONGRATS!

And you look WAY too young to have a son that's old enough to be getting married!

Loralynn said...

Very elegant and a little "greco-roman" looking. It's very flattering on you!

Linda said...

What a darling couple, sending wishes for much happiness to them.

You found a lovely dress and it looks perfect on you....it's good to find your dress now, December will be here before you know it....hugs, Linda

Random Musings said...

FABULOUS!!! Its such a great choice for you!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

THAT dress is GORGEOUS! I LOVE the color, the cut-beautifuL!