Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Thrifty Thursday

Last week I had to pay myself to go to the grocery store! I promised to go to Kroger and in return I could have 45 minutes in Mission Thrift! We were out of everything, the refrigerator was empty and my coupons were not organized. I should have paid myself more for that trip!!!
! My first finds were these little needlepoint pillows. I guess they hang from doorknobs or hooks. I can never turn these little faces down!

Next were these dishes by Adams English Ironstone. A platter $3.99, sugar bowl $2.99, 9 plates $4.99 and 9 bread and butter plates $3.99. Good thing I still had some of my yard sale money left. I passed up the cups and saucers. I really don't use them and they were more expensive. They usually tape a cup and saucer together to sell. I would have bought a few if they did that. The 10 saucers were taped together and each cup was $1 so I would have to spend $15 more. I looked up the prices on ebay and Replacements.com so I know they are worth it. I just could not talk myself into it!

The name of the pattern is Veruschka.


These little odds and ends found their way home with me, too. More white ironstone for my imaginary dining room! And I have no idea why I bought the Currier and Ives dishes......maybe because I have blue and white dishes in my bedroom and bathroom.....maybe because I just liked them.....
Don't forget to stop by our hostess Leigh's place to see some other Thrifty Treasures!

11 comments:

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

What great things you found....but my fav;s are those little pug door pillows. PRECIOUS! I wouldnt have turned them down either! Great finds my friend!Thanks for linking up this week!
Leigh
Tales from Bloggeritaville
www.lbratina.blogspot.com

Brittany said...

love those 2 white dishes!

Anny said...

Those plates are great! I agree that 10 tied together is just overkill though.

Kammy said...

One can never have too many dishes...LOL !
Kammy
p.s. I love blue and white too !

Pam said...

What great finds! I love the blue and white dish.

Old Time Cindy said...

I like the way you think..working on your collection for a room that does not exist yet. Never too early to start!
Cindy

j said...

The English Ironstone is GORGEOUS!

kristie said...

pretty stuff! you'd have a heyday at the great aunt's house i'm cleaning out!!! more mix matched china and dishes than i've ever seen in my life.

Its So Very Cheri said...

I have to tell you-that blue dish is the exact set my grandmother used every day while we were growing up. My Grandfather bought them for her and she hated them but didn't ever go buy something else-which is so funny to me because they wanted for nothing and bought anything they wanted all the time. I have fond memories of those plates and have them all packed away. I've never even used them.
I started a new KNOCK OFF KNOCK OUT party and I bet you have some things to put in the party-it's every Monday. I hope you come over and become a follower and subscribe and I will do the same.
Cheri
Its So Very Cheri

Beca said...

Cute pillows and lovely dishes! Great finds!

Nevis said...

LOVE the little pillows!