
I should be double posting tonight because this is really a Thrifty
Tablescape, but I'm running short of time so I'll just do Thrifty Thursday hosted by
Leigh of Bloggeritaville!

I love jadeite! About the same time I discovered it the prices went sky high because Martha Stewart also loves it! So, I have picked up a piece here and there when I found it reasonable. Last weekend at a yard sale I added one more cereal bowl. The patterns don't have to be the same, but most of mine are Jane Ray.

These are my newest white ironstone plates. I've been looking for some simple white ironstone for a while. I found 6 of these at my favorite Angel's Antiques a couple of weeks ago for $1 each. They are Johnson Brothers Athena. Quite the bargain!

Layered with the Jadeite and topped with little shell plates from
TJMaxx.

I pulled out some thrift store napkins to add some color and tie into my bowl of apples in the center of the table.

The jadeite butter dish is not vintage, but it did come from Salvation Army for $2.50! And the bird
votives are from Dollar Tree. They were brown before they had a run in with a can of spray paint!


Now, wish me luck, because I'm off this weekend to the World's Longest Yard Sale with my
thrifting buddy! We've never done this before and are very excited to try our luck! I hope I'm back here next week with lots of treasure!
12 comments:
Oh! I lOve this! I so wish you could/would come to my friends estate sale on Friday & Saturday of this week-LOTS of jadite! Go to my post from last week and look at thge pics...and there is also a link to the website.
I LOVE your table! Soooo pretty!
Thanks for participating in Thrifty Thursday this week! Some great finds, my friend!
HUgs!
Leigh
Tales from Bloggeritaville
wwwlbratina.blogspot.com
Ooh, you lucky girls! I have always wanted to go to that sale!
I also bought two of the birdie candle holders! One of mine is also going to be painted!
Have a fabulous tme!
XXDenise
Have fun at the sale! Take lots of water, wear good support shoes, and carry a large, lightweight canvas bag for your goodies. Experience speaking here. Yes, be sure to share your finds with us!
I hope you have a BIG TRUCK!
Wow, you are a fab shopper !
I love the combination of the jade and white !
Kammy
Jadite is Have fun at the big sale!
Pretty table. Have fun at the yard sale, I've heard it is great!
Ally
i would LOVE to be going with you to the yardsale! i bet you get a bunch of stuff. did you rent a big truck???
Oh, love jadeite, too!!!
I collect(ed) McCoy pottery and pretty much had to stop when Martha started loving it - I know what you mean. Love your Jadite! I've always had a soft spot in my heart for it, it's so pretty.
Enjoy the yard sale! I've always wanted to go.
Beautiful. I have one (or maybe two) jadiete plates. They are put away and I really should pull them out.
The butter dish is incredible. Love it.
Oh, fun, glad you went too & I can't believe your friend got that sign we took a pic of. HOw funny is that??!
Post a Comment