Then I taped off the edges and sprayed the center. Unfortunately I left it outside to dry and it got some trash/leaves in the wet paint! So I cleaned it up, retaped it and sprayed it again. Then I took it back inside to dry!Sunday, April 5, 2009
Chalkboard Paint
I've seen some interesting things done with chalkboard paint lately. I guess it is the old school teacher in me that is taken with it. Here is the first thing I tried this week. I bought a cheap thrift store silver tray. I wanted to keep the edge silver and the curvy lines made it hard to tape off. I spayed some of the paint in a cup and painted the curvy part.
Then I taped off the edges and sprayed the center. Unfortunately I left it outside to dry and it got some trash/leaves in the wet paint! So I cleaned it up, retaped it and sprayed it again. Then I took it back inside to dry!
Then I taped off the edges and sprayed the center. Unfortunately I left it outside to dry and it got some trash/leaves in the wet paint! So I cleaned it up, retaped it and sprayed it again. Then I took it back inside to dry!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



9 comments:
What a great idea! This is a fantastic way of giving old silver a new life! Colored chalks would be really cool as well! Debra
That is too cute. I would never have thought about doing that. I bet you will see the chalkboard in everything now.
I love it!! ...although, writing with chalk gives me the major heebie-jeebies. So much that I just can't bring myself to do it! lol!
Looks great. Nice idea. Clever, Clever, Clever.
xxoo Lilly
Super Idea! I was just looking at chalkboard paint yesterday and trying to figure out what I could do with it! I should have seen your post first!
Very cool idea~!
dang, i took a silver tray to goodwill (please don't hurt me!)...wish i'd had this idea!
That's about the cutest thing I've ever seen! Well done!
i love that! i want to try it!
Post a Comment