Friday, April 17, 2009

Sewing

I found a cute pattern online...it may be my downfall! I do not sew much clothing for myself...just don't need clothes...it is too expensive....too busy....take your pick of the excuses!!! But, I really like this tunic/dress and the possibilities are endless. So I headed out to Hobby Lobby and the Sewing Center for some springy fabric. This is the one I finished yesterday:


Close-up of the fabric...




And this is the fabric for the one I'm working on now. I may use ribbon for the ties instead of fabric. There is another coordinating fabric I like but I'll have to order it and I'm not sure about adding a third print!
So -I phoned a friend- to loan her the pattern. If I don't get it out of the house I may end up with 97 tops made from the same pattern!!! Well...maybe one more...a dress perhaps?

9 comments:

Pam said...

What a cute pattern! I actually piced up some of that smae fabric (the paisley and dots) at HL a few weeks ago. Great minds!

Christina Weedon said...

Ooohhh... I love it! LOVE the top... love the Amy Butler prints... SIGH.

kristie said...

1) you people with your HL are killing me!
2) what is that pattern/where did you get it? i want to make a dress to wear to a wedding this summer and i like the look of this...if it were longer of course!

Anonymous said...

Cute top. I looked at some pricey tops for you at Marshall's today but I like yours better. Am looking at new cars. Do you want my old car??? Keep sewing.
xxoo lilly

AM said...

Oh my GOODNESS! SO adorable. Make little girl dresses and sell them on Etsy! I really want to learn how to sew. I mean, I have a machine, I can do REALLY rudimentary things, but they generally look like a 5th grader did them. I would love to make the kids clothes.

Anonymous said...

The little white birds have landed in their new nest. They are very much at home. Thanks. Your material from HL is so pretty. Love the red. How about an all red print top? Maybe with a black grograin sash. Grograin sashes seem to be the rage right now. Lucky that you can wear those nice cool tops.
I just have to fur to wear. Lilly

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Great job! Oh, how I wish I could sew....

Maggie said...

Hi! Oh i love that! I am learning how to read patterns. it's hard! i like the ribbon you put on that!

Goodboy Norman Featherstone said...

You can send me your extras if you feel guilty about sewing all day :)