I think I've been a little pitiful this week because DH came home with flowers and a bottle of wine to sedate me! Things get that way around here this time of year. I get a tiny bit stressed with Thanksgiving, decorating for Christmas and the final preparations for the Porch Tour.There are piles of stuff to finish in my sewing room and I make mistakes when I rush- I certainly did that this week. The more I tried to fix a monogram goof the worse it got. It took me six hours to take the stitches out and redo it- there were tears. I hate to cry over something that silly- but 6 hours-wasted!!!!
On a more positive note - Millie and her Bear Tea Party are almost finished! I made the dress, apron and hats. I have to finish painting one of the stumps and have DH attach the bear to it.
Lulu showing of the Hobby Lobby 90% off patchwork pumpkins. I walked in the store just as they put up the signs. I did not need any more Fall stuff but the mass hysteria of the women grabbing stuff got the best of me.
There are 4 places at the table again- Son #3 has returned from Basic Training in Missouri. We picked him up at the airport in Montgomery Thursday night. He is VERY glad to be home.
This last picture I threw in for my Mom - so she can see my tower of suitcases in the background. We saw a tower on another blog that went all the way to the ceiling - I have a ways to go!!!I have liked the way many of you have have tried to blog every day in November and I think I'm going to give it a try from Thanksgiving to Christmas! Maybe it will help me get into my Holiday spirit and out of the whine/wine!!!!!

4 comments:
I'm so glad your son is home for the holidays, when will he have to leave? Your table is very pretty.
Your decorations look great and the dining room looks so pretty. I bet that is very frustrating losing that many hours with so much to do. I hope you put on some Christmas music and get to relax.
Stress is our #1 enemy. Nothing is as important as health and family. Learn to say "no" when appropriate.
Listen to your Dad! Lulu is growing into a fine young lady cat. She is beautiful. Your table,chairs and suitcases look GREAT! Love that son #3 is home again. Love the HL pumpkins. Tell DH that I think he is so thoughtful to bring you flowers and wine. He is the best. Luv from Lkpt's computer died.
XXOO lilly
Glad to hear your son made it home safely.
Such pretty decorations on your table. Lulu makes a great model for those pumpkins! ;)
Post a Comment