I spent this weekend working on a very important costume -no, not Halloween- Christmas! This year our Mrs. Claus needs a new dress. The hard part is that the costume was made many years ago to match Santa and we need the new costume to still match. I took the old costume apart to reuse the trim on the new dress. It is almost done. I just need Mrs. Claus to drop in from the North Pole for a final fitting!
In between my sewing times, DH and I worked on the "De-Clutter the Man Cave" project. We threw out tons of old magazines and junk. We went through boxes that have not been opened since we moved here in 2001. We had over 20 boxes and we kept 11. The others either got put on bookshelves, donated to thrift stores or moved to the sewing room. The room is still not a showplace- but it is much less cluttered- and seems much larger. My sewing room however is trashed!

I put the slipcover on the couch covering the cat damageon the arms and pug damage on the seat cushions!

Finally I did find a little time to rid the house of most of Halloween this week and scattered a little Thanksgiving around. I just don't have much time to decorate much for Thanksgiving- it's all about Christmas now around here!


I put the slipcover on the couch covering the cat damageon the arms and pug damage on the seat cushions!
Finally I did find a little time to rid the house of most of Halloween this week and scattered a little Thanksgiving around. I just don't have much time to decorate much for Thanksgiving- it's all about Christmas now around here!



4 comments:
Yall got rid of a ton of stuff, you can see the floor and that beautiful fireplace.
Looks a lot better! Wow, you've got tall ceilings! Love the glass turkey!
Oh I love the built in book case by the fireplace.
I love the feeling after de-cluttering...it's almost liberating.
Love your turkey display! Hugs, Linda
Post a Comment