Thursday, November 6, 2008

The Dining Room

We reached a compromise on the next project. I wanted the man cave - He wanted the dining room. I think he wants his man cave left alone so I will not take it over! But, since the dining room table came home last month- we do spend more time in there. This was the compromise we reached- before Christmas we will restore electricity to the dining room and de-clutter the man cave. After Christmas we will go full force into the dining room. Our plan will be January-Early April for the construction. We have found that it always takes twice as long to finish and costs twice as much!
DH and a friend moved the piano out of the hole in the floor. We had to do this first because the plug behind the piano was holding up the re-wiring job. So repairs were made to the floor and we found that the floor has not been refinished under the piano. This is normal here- the floors all need to be redone because the last time is was done they didn't move big things ! But, we just put it right back over the unfinished spot as soon as the floor was repaired and the electricity was repaired.
So we have a date this week to start to de-clutter the man cave! I am only posting these embarrassing pictures to document the clutter - now I am really committed to cleaning it up!

5 comments:

Magnolia Sun said...

I can't wait to see the finished room, I love the bulit in cabinet, very pretty.

Anonymous said...

These two rooms will be an enormous project. In the Holiday Romantic Country magazine, page 25,lower rt. hand corner, it shows a fireplace like your dining room one with green tile. They have stripped it so you can see what yours may look like if you do that. For a dining room, I like it white. DH's man cave will be a really great room when it is restored. Keep the tapestry. Lilly sent you a small box.
xxoo Lilly

Sandy said...

I look forward to seeing the process over the next few months!

Nevis said...

Did the pugs cause the damage on the arm of your couch?

kristie said...

good luck with the dining room project! i'll be looking forward to seeing photos of your progress.