Monday, June 16, 2008

Father's Day Weekend


We had a quiet weekend around the house. No new projects! We grilled out and hung around the pond and the patio. The boys were in and out. Daddy had a call or two from the girl in Alaska. DH got to sleep late, a couple of gifts and banana pudding. We are waiting for the next shipment of tile to finish the fireplace, so we didn't work much in the parlor. Last week I finished the sheers so we hung them. This week I'll go get the fabric for the valances and start them.
They really look so clean compared to the old rags I took down! The pond is looking better. The water is clear and the plants are filling in. The fish are really growing and are so tame. They come when they see me or maybe when they see the food can! Youngest boy caught some tadpoles and a frog and put them in the pond.....next thing we knew there were hundreds of tadpoles. They are harder to get pictures of !

Tadpole on leaf!
The fish eat out of my hand! Sometimes they nibble my fingers, too! I hope you all had a restful weekend!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fantastic!!! The doors look so good and the curtains are just the right touch. It looks so clean and new. The pond seems larger and I love the way the fish come to you. You have given them a nice home. Hope DH had a nice Father's Day. He certainly deserves some pampering. I hope he did relax. Just love the parlor.
Lilly xxoo

Anonymous said...

love the pond, love the curtains and doors! Getting close to finding the backplate for the door. Give me a few more days. Too many projects around here. I'm almost sure that I have one to match the doorbell, including the "tarnish" look. love from lkpt

Nevis said...

Lovely photos! Your pond is beautiful!

Sandy said...

Your pond is so pretty!