Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Front Doors and Fireplace

The front doors are back in place and I could not be more happy with the way they look! We are on the hunt for a plate to go behind the doorknob. This one is temporary - we'd like an old one with patina to match the doorbell!

OUTSIDE


INSIDE



We got the first 1/2 of our tile, unfortunately many of them were broken! Since we had to cut a lot around the opening we were able to use many of the broken ones there. When we order the rest we will need more whole tiles so we will see if we can upgrade the shipping! But, I am so excited about how it looks so far! Again my hubby has been able to surpass my vision!

8 comments:

Leaon Mary said...

WHAT a gorgeous home... and LOVE those doors!! WHAT A DREAM COME TRUE!
Thankyou so much for telling me about the wallpaper... and decoupaging them. SO WRINKLES ARE A GOOD THING! HEEHEHAOAOAOOAO IS THAT ONLY FOR SUITCASES... OR PEOPLE TOO? HEEHAOAOO
THANKS FOR WRITING ME BACK ON THAT! I have been doing it all wrong...workin my keester off trying to get the wrinkes OUT... WHEN TRULY WE WANT WRINKLES! WELL WHO KNEW? LOL
THANKS SWAMPGIRL,
Lea
<*)))><

Page said...

Your new door is beautiful!

Anonymous said...

WOW ! I AM IMPRESSED. LOVE IT ALL !
LILLY XXOO

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous doors!!! You did a great job. It changes the whole look of the front. Let me poke around to see what I can come up with for a backplate for the doorknob. I'll look today. The fireplace looks amazing too!! luv from lkpt

The Tomball Three said...

BEAUTIFUL!

Doesn't it feel good to accomplish stuff? It seems I am always working on something- never ends!

But your fireplace is to die for.

Nevis said...

Wow! SO awesome! Does your hubby do construction for a living?

Linda said...

The doors are gorgeous and what an inviting entrance. Just so pretty. Hugs, Linda

Sandy said...

I love those front doors and the fireplace looks great. I have wanted new front doors for long time...just need a lot of money to get the double door.