
It's been really HOT in Alabama. Too hot to sit out on the front porch. I sure wish we had a pool! It seems like we have to start a new project before we finish the last one....and the new project is........A POOL IN THE BACKYARD! It seems like we have a million hoops to jump through to make it happen. So much red tape ....and rules....and permission to request... and type of fence allowed in the historic district....you get the idea. But, we have started the ball rolling. Luckily DH really wants this and he is willing to do the paper chasing!

Back on the parlor project - I have finished the valances and we are pleased. The fabric is deep red/burgundy silk like with a smocked texture.

This is not a good picture of the color, but I had to use a flash for the smocking to show. I have made long, pleated panels with this fabric for a customer and fell in love with it. It's not easy to sew on because the wrinkles are hard to cut and seam straight. Good thing the texture hides the mistakes!

Still another little project got started this week with these supplies. Can you guess? I'll show more in a few days. I haven't done much that is crafty lately so I got out the paper mache and I'm working on a Halloween project( got to give myself plenty of time) and a patriotic July 4th project (might not make that one in time! Believe it or not in 2 weeks I will be shifting into Christmas Mode. We start working on the Santas for the Victorian Porch Tour soon!

Finally -when I don't get to go junk shopping- I go couponing! Best deal last week -7 boxes of Mac and Cheese and 4 jars of peanuts for $1.36 and they gave me back $5 in register receipts to use on my next shopping trip! So when we are too poor to buy food I will be floating in the pool eating a bowl of Mac and Cheese with peanuts for dessert! And yes -the cat is on the kitchen table- she wanted to see what I was so excited about!
6 comments:
a pool! how exciting. everytime it gets hot here i threaten to put one in our tiny backyard. good deals on the mac n cheese and peanuts.
ps: our cats get on the table all the time...what can you do?
Swampgirl,you continue to amaze me.The valance is simply beautiful. Next to the white woodwork and lovely walls, it is a wonderful contrast.
Seven is so cute. She wants to see what you bought. Guess there wasn't anything for her.
I am so pleased that you may install a pool. A wonderful gathering place for your family and friends, especially in the hot summer. With all of your children, you can schedule a time for each one to have his/her turn for cleaning it.
XXOO Lilly
It will be so much fun
love,love,love the fabric. It does look hard to work with. We have a pool and love it, too. Almost filled it in with dirt a few years back because we felt it wasn't getting the use it should and we needed to invest some major rehabbing into it. We don't have the summers that you do but it can still get pretty hot. It would be a perfect place to vacation for an Alabamanian family! love from lkpt.
A pool, you are going to love it!
I can hardly wait to see your Halloween projects...I have no idea what you are making....but I know it's going to be cool.
I really like your new header. Hugs, Linda
WOW! How did you get such a great deal on those items??
i love peanut butter. was your 5 dollar coupon from korger? i got one the other week and i was so excited!
Post a Comment