
I've been "couponing" today- a quick trip to CVS and Kroger. First the results of the Kroger trip: Total before coupons and gift card = @$35.00 and after =$11.55! I've been working with youngest son this summer to teach him the value of food $$$$$. He has his own snack shelf that he is free to share with friends. That way they don't eat up all of our goodies! The catch is his snacks must be coupon items! (Healthy snacks are not included, I'll pay for them!) So to build up his snacks he has been helping me with coupons. We got a good sale on Dr. Pepper using coupons and also won a $10 Kroger card online from Dr. Pepper. Today he went with me to use the card for his snacks! He selected the giant Goldfish and Sunchips. He also used a coupon to save on the Sunchips. He also had fun figuring the price of items after the coupon. I had to laugh when he figured out that many of these items were-FREE!! Now the mistake... I had so much fun laughing with him that I didn't notice that the cashier missed one of my coupons! It was for free cereal-$3.99!!! So my total should have been$7.56!! I know she had it because the register "beeped" so she could write in the price-but I didn't pay attention. It was not on the receipt when I got home! I should have checked before I left the store!!

On to CVS- DH has a buddy stationed in Afghanistan. He is getting together a care package and needed candy!! CVS has a buy $10 get $5 ECB deal. So I got $30 candy, $3.19- Brut deodorant(-$.55 MFC) and magazine $.99. I used $5 off $25, $15.00 ECB . Ended up paying @$14 out of pocket and got back $18 ECB and another $5 off $25. The magazine is "Reinventing Beauty" put out by CVS and has many coupons in it! Fun!
4 comments:
I like your idea about the junk food. Excellent deals too.
Youngest son cannot learn any younger. I am proud of him showing interest in the coupon idea. Nice of DH to think of the troops serving in the service. A little of touch of home will mean so very much.
XXOOLilly
Great Deals! So sorry the cashier missed that one coupon! Thats a big deal!
First of all...wonderful idea for teaching your son the value of money.
And secondly...what awesome deals! We buy so much Dr. Pepper and Mt. Dew - I wish I could get free stuff for buying it! I probally spend $40 a month (easy) on soda for Terry.
Post a Comment