
The pond work this weekend included building the waterfall and the rock edges. It took many tries to get the rock placed correctly to have a good water flow and nice sound. We finally were satisfied!

We built some planters into the wall and hope that the plants will fill in and trail around the rocks like they had before we dug it all up! This is the view from my chair. Looks like a pile of rocks and black plastic right now! Please note the lone yellow iris in the background! I brought some iris from Mom's in NC to our old house, then transplanted them here in 2001. They bloomed that year and have not bloomed since! The white iris that already were here bloom every year and I just figured the yellow ones were gone! Surprise -one bloomed this year after 7 years!
A trip to HD and L*we's for more plants finished off our weekend!
One last picture of my frugal shopping trip. I've really been clipping coupons and studying sites that teach you to bargain shop. It is beginning to make sense and pay off. This picture shows my bargains from 2 stores- About $80 worth of items - Spent about $20 and got back register coupons for $13 to use next week.
I made one $6 mistake, but I will return those items. I was buying them for a church mission trip and did not get a good deal. So I will wait and get those items with coupons!



3 comments:
May have to look into this coupon thing!!!
Wooohoo! I see Irish Spring! :)
Ooohh... I love the pond, and can't wait until I can build one of my own.
As for the shopping, you're doing much better than me! I've still got a lot to learn I think.
Love that blog you linked me to though! It's great!
Post a Comment