Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Junk Attack


I took the day off sewing today to feed my junk addiction. Since one of my favorite thrift stores closed in March I had to stretch my usual route to include the next city up the interstate. I enjoy looking as much as buying so I had a good time, even though I didn't buy much. Everything I got was really cheap -most things $.50 - $1.00. I only bought one thing over $1.00 - the cute wire pot holder was $6.00 and I had just seen one at another store for $29.00!! One of my favorite shops has "Austin and Ashley" denim kids clothes-irregulars for $.50. I bought up a stack on an earlier trip and got a few more today. They can be appliqued and dressed up easily. They also had big bags of covered buttons for $1.00!!

Some other junk I brought home today:
6 books (buy one get 2 free)
3 hemstitched linen napkins
a sweet embroidered baby pillowcase
white sugar bowl
paper mache duck
2 Christmas ornament frames
2 tin planters


2 ceramic roosters
yellow Texasware plate(for a friend who has a collection of pastel
Texasware)
shabby plate and cup -to glue together to make a desert stand
small white ironstone bowl
3 bottle brush trees
2 paper mache angels

6 comments:

Linda said...

You hit the jack pot! I love all your goodies. That is the cutest little duck and I have the Joy of Christmas book too. I love it the pictures are just wonderful. Enjoy all your treasures. Linda

Nevis said...

I love the rooster. I have a ceramic (hideous) pig in my kitchen that I simply adore.

And we're totally trekkie fans but we love DS9 the best in this house! Sisco rules! Our "Rockband" is even called "O'Brien Must Suffer!"

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Wow. You got some beautiful stuff.
I've been hitting the GoodWill store but haven't been finding the really good stuff. I think you're getting there ahead of me ;)

kristie said...

i love the bottle brush trees!

Magnolia Sun said...

You really got a lot of good stuff for so little money.

Punchbugpug said...

Wow, lots of stuff! My husband would never let me loose with you for the day!