Friday, April 25, 2008

Bits and Pieces



Since the construction phase of the Parlor redo is within sight of the finish line, it is time for me to start my end of the deal. Or as I call it "The Real Fun"!!!! I started this week with this rug. It is not at all what my vision was, but when I saw it something clicked. If it does not work in the parlor -I'll find a place for it.

The old rug was too green and rectangle- it came with the house. The room is odd shaped - the fireplace is on an angle in the corner. A big chunk of room is in front of the double front doors. Because the rug only fit one way I had to put all of the furniture on an angle. This led to another big chunk of room behind the sofa. How I wish I could have the girls from HGTV come and show me how to arrange the furniture to make the most of the space! A rug salesman suggested a round rug to give me more flexibility. There will be no new furniture and I want the room to look different, so I will have to switch up the accessories. After shopping around the house, I am beginning to pull some things to audition for the new space. Pillows, lamps, tables, furniture, prints, frames, dishes and candles are lined up in the dining room just waiting for their chance to try out.








Which ones will make the cut?

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE THE RUG. MY ONLY CONCERN IS IF IT IS LARGE ENOUGH. LIVE WITH IT A WHILE AND SEE WHAT YOU THINK. I WILL BE ANXIOUS TO SEE WHEN YOU HAVE DECIDED WHAT TO PUT IN THE ROOM BESIDES YOUR MAIN LARGER PIECES. XXOO LILLY

j said...

Love the rug. You have some lovely items to choose from to go in your parlor.

Have a lovely week.

Jennifer

Nevis said...

I love the rug and the pug painting!

Linda said...

The rug is gorgeous and you have lovely piece to choose from. Linda

Nevis said...

I've actually never taken any scrapbooking or card making classes. I would love to, though. Is there a scrapbooking store in Auburn/Opelika? (you know, like, besides Hobby Lobby)