Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Treasure Box

I got a box of fun stuff in the mail this week. Lots of ideas for crafty projects...if there were just more hours in the day. My mom enjoys the hunt for junk as much as I do...then she enjoys packing it up and sending it to me! Here is the plunder!

Lace, doillies, pillowcases, tablecloths, dish towel, tags, bracelets, goose, chicks, tray with a map of Colorado, pocket of roses, folding yardsticks(for DH), Christmas post cards, Santa book and vintage Christmas sheet music...........I am sure I left something out. I guess this should take care of my thrift store addiction this week! I did go to "Kids Clothing Connection" this week. It's a twice a year sale that is held in an empty store. It started out with just clothes, but it has expanded to include furniture, household goods and books. Usually I end up with all kinds of bargains. Not so much this week....I got a 1929 Geography book....everything else was too pricey! The last day of the sale is 1/2 price day but, even 1/2 price on a lot of the stuff is too much this time! I do think this is a great way to recycle things for kids. There are tons of great toys and clothes that have been outgrown and are still in great shape....My kids are just too old for all that good stuff!

5 comments:

Nevis said...

My thrift store/antique store finds are usually glassware...brightly colored glass. Usually orange-to-yellow (Someone told me it's called "Ambrosia Glass") and depression glass. I also love cool bakeware jewelry.

Oh, and about WOW, yes, it is addictive and I don't let it run my life but it's entirely clear to see how it COULD. It's just that fun. And of course you're not a mean mom. You're a GOOD mom who cares.

Christina Weedon said...

How fun! I love getting goodies in the mail... what an awesome mom you've got!

Nevis said...

We would probally run into each other up at Tiger Town rather than the thrift shops. I loooove Hobby Lobby and Target. And PetCo.

Linda said...

I love all the goodies in your treasure box. What a sweet mom you have. I'm always looking for linens and I've been looking for little chicks(I'm thinking Easter already)...yours are precious.
Pretty, pretty hankies.....I didn't know a thing about the show and tell, maybe there will be another time. Hugs, Linda

Magnolia Street Style said...

Wow, what a treat, and you get these treasure boxes often?? You have a great mother.