So this is where we started Saturday morning, before he dug up the last of my iris.
Here are the boys spreading out the new liner. It weighed 110 pounds so it took both of them to carry it!
This is the vine covered pile of rock we moved from around the pond when we drained it. No telling how many snakes are camping in there!
While he worked on the pond I planted some bedding plants and put mulch in the raised beds. I played with my camera some....
In the back corner of our yard we have a bamboo grove. I love the jungle/tropical look and it screens out the neighbors....but it is very invasive. It grows very fast, has long, long roots and is like walking on spikes if you go barefoot.
I took a picture of this new shoot on Wednesday next to a basket to show how small it was. Three days later the same shoot! This is at least 20 feet from the mother plants. Luckily some animal has been chewing some of the shoots so I didn't have to chop down so many of them. I wonder what animal is coming out of the swamp to help me out?

Wednesday-------------------------------------------------Saturday



9 comments:
The yard looks so nice and I'm sure the pond will too once it's finished. I've never planted bamboo but have heard how fast it grows and takes over everything.
I so enjoyed my visit to your blog - your home is beautiful too. May you have many happy and blessed years there... love your yard too!!
xo,
Kim
Oh, boy, that's some good punishment...digging to China! Looks like your pond will be back in business and looking good soon. I love the crown molding!
HOW PROUD I AM OF YOUR ACCOMPLISHMENTS. THE POND WILL ONCE AGAIN REGAIN ITS' BEAUTY. THE CEILING LOOKS FAB AND THE TRIM AROUND THE WINDOW IS SIMPLY BEAUTIOUS. CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE FINISHED PRODUCT. I AM SURE THE PLEASURE THAT THE TEENS WILL SEE WILL OUTSHINE THE DIG TO CHINA. DH IS CERTAINLY A WONDERFUL SIL !!!
XXOO LILLY
Your hubby is a sweetie. The pond is a huge job...but is going to be wonderful. Loved seeing your garden shots...very pretty. Linda
An amazing man that husband of yours. He put his back into it this weekend, didn't he?
If you feel like being associated with the likes of me, I would like to add you to my Alabama Bloggers Blog roll, 'K?
Have a lovely week!
Jennifer
Adding you now!
Jennifer
your yard is very pretty. i like the plants you put in the raised beds. that bamboo shoot is crazy. wow does it grow fast!
Love the bamboo. Does it grow in full sun? I wouldn't mind putting that on the side of my house, but we get full sun all day. What about jade plants? Do these need shade, too?
And I love your crown molding!
Post a Comment