Saturday, April 19, 2008

Show and Tell Sunday-Vintage Jewelry

I've watched Show and Tell Sunday at "Sugar*Sugar" and "Little Pink Studio" for three weeks. It is so much fun to see other collections of things I love. My post last week didn't get finished in time to join the parade...this week I am trying to be ready early! I'm not a "jewelry girl"-I like simple, I don't like to be weighted down....but vintage jewelry that is more for sentiment and decoration - that's a whole different thing!










I got the Mother of Pearl choker in a bag of jewelry at an antique market for $2. Most of the things in the bag were used on craft projects, but I wear the choker a lot.

This ring was given to me when I was a child by one of Mom's friends. She was French and the ring had belonged to her mother. It is small and fits me perfectly. She also gave me my princess tiara that is shown in another picture!
My pinkie ring is from childhood- that makes it vintage! I got it on a family vacation out West. The seahorse ring came from the 1939 World's Fair and given to Mom by her oldest brother. I am not really sure about the other ring - it was in a box of things that had some trinkets that my Grandmother gave me.


I LOVE lockets. Can you see those sweet little girls? We are not sure who they are, but probably family since this was in my Grandmother's things. There is also a very faded stern looking lady on the other side.

This the locket closed with another mystery - the letters "F L T" and three linked rings. I wish it could tell me it's story! I keep it with gloves from my Dad's Mom and a purse from Mom's Mom.



More Bling! Hair pins, buckles, pins, pearls and my princess tiara!

I'm ending up with necklaces and more mystery - the silver heart says H H Street Fair - wish I knew more. The locket was Mom's given to her by Dad, his picture is inside. I have no idea where the other necklace came from but I've had it as long as I can remember. It has the tiniest purple stones...so sweet!

9 comments:

bluemuf said...

Gorgeous vintage jewelery.

Karen

Betty said...

I love your lockets. Maybe you'll solve your mystery today!

Alisa Noble said...

oh, the lockets are great!
alisa

Mya said...

I would love to know the story behind the locket. It is so sweet. Let us know if you solve the mystery.
-Mya

Lori said...

your lockets are gorgeous and the vignettes for your pictures are so pretty!!! thanks for sharing:)

cherished*vintage said...

Gorgeous jewelry! I love your ring from the French lady. Your locket is a wonderful family heirloom. Thanks for sharing!
-Karoline

Little Pink Studio said...

Love the locket!
Thank you for playing along!
~Cerri xo

Linda said...

All sweet pieces. It would be so wonderful to know the special memories they hold, especially the lockets. Hugs, Linda

Nevis said...

I love, love, love the seahorse ring. I would totally buy it!