Tuesday, April 15, 2008

Show and Tell Sunday- Belated Edition

Analise on Sugar*Sugar hosted a "Hankie Show and Tell" on Sunday. I planned on taking part but, due a dead camera battery and forgetfulness, I am doing my post today. Maybe I will get my act together for next week's topic! I'm starting with a chenille purse I made with half of a hankie as trim. The inside has a lining that matches the blue roses in the hankie.


Next is a hankie hanging out with a box that matches it on the mantle of my guest room.
I love the lace on this one with some of my Grandmother's things on the vanity.




A lady never goes anywhere without her hankie!
Finally, a few more with a funny little paper lady that a hankie can be threaded through! I don't have a big collection - every now and then one catches my eye! Many of mine are packed away with Christmas decorations or other holiday things. I did get many ideas from looking at other hankie collections- for display, and crafting, and even for wrapping gifts.....more reasons to add to this collection!





3 comments:

Nevis said...

Love the bag! How clever!

Anonymous said...

NICE DISPLAY OF YOUR HANKIES. LOVE THE BOX AND HANKY ON THE MANTEL. JUST LOVELY.
XXOO LILLY

Magnolia Sun said...

Such beautiful things.