Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Thrifty Thursday

I've been out at the thrift stores and yard sales again. It is a good day when your Hubby says "Go shopping and bring home some junk!" Besides the fun of the hunt, I am really enjoying the research involved when I find something new. I am also beginning to love some things that I would have said were not my style. Take that big pink beauty- Abingdon vase- for example. I love it! This is the 3rd piece I have found. One I am keeping, one sold on ebay and this one that I hope is meant for me to keep. I got the pieces at 3 different sales - spent $5.50- for all 3. They are all vintage and timeless.


I found this piece of Miramar of California piece yesterday for pennies.
And this hyalyn vase from 1963 today..... It was made in North Carolina. I paid a little more for this because it reminded me of my new dining room paint.
Now for a find that is a blast from the past for sure. A Fire King divided bowl with a candle warmer. Not at all my style...no...but yet I was fascinated with it and I realize I am beginning to become fond of retro space age stuff.... what next?


Italian filigree frames...or maybe those sweet little children's faces...

Finally something I am comfortable with- worn and shabby- vintage- with stories it could tell! But this too will head to ebay this week because I already have a couple in my laundry room-


I'm linking up with Thrifty Thursday with Leigh - I'll just call that more "research"!!


4 comments:

Wanda @ Just Vintage said...

You found 3 Abingdon pottery pieces at 3 different sales? I'm going to have to tell Erin to get out there and go to more sales! It's funny how buying for resale broadens our taste. I think we talked about becoming more and more attracted to MCM. I hated it in it's day, but am becoming so attracted to it now. I still don't decorate with it, but love to find it. And I'll admit that I'm trying to figure out how to incorporate a few pieces I've found to sell into my home.

Unknown said...

Hey Lynn: I promise that I will get your package off today! Been a crazy week...So sorry. I love your great buys and the pink vase is my fav! Go and vote on my egg over at The Altered Paper> See my blog. Have a Great Garage Sale Day! Tiff

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

great finds...and with hubby's support, you are one lucky gal!!

Lilly said...

Good job. Love the pink vase tho' not my style, still beeeautiful !!

Looking forward to seeing you.

xxooLil