Sunday, April 10, 2011

The Man and His Machine



Friday night we went to rent the machine- a floor sander. My Hubby spent his evening getting to know the machine and taking it for a test drive...he had sanded the whole floor before he came to bed!


Saturday he spent on his hands and knees with a hand sander getting in corners and around the baseboard where the big machine could not go.

You could really see how pretty the old wood is now-
On Sunday we started early- he finished painting some trim. I wanted to finish scraping around the window panes. He cleaned the floor one more time. We hung the valences. Then he spent hours staining the floor.


It looks so good- better than I ever imagined! There will be more layers to the window treatments- white sheers and floor length panels. I have them cut out, but I wanted to wait to make them until I could hang them. I hate to have to re-iron them once they have been sitting around.

It looks like we will not finish the floors until after the shower. You are supposed to wait 7 days before you have traffic on the poly. We may have to touch up the stain after the shower but that will be easier than repairs after the poly is down and is not ready for traffic!


My job for Monday- Clean 154 crystals so he can rehang the chandelier- There are 50 years of dust on them!

2 comments:

Pam said...

It looks super!

Wanda @ Just Vintage said...

Oh, boy! So you're having Christmas at your house, right?

Hey, heard you won Tiff's give-away. Congrats!