This week I am showing another wall of my sewing room. My plan was to clean it up in February. Here it is - April- and I am still not done. I have finished a few more Thrifty decoration and organizing projects-
I still have to hang a few things on the wall- but I have purged and organized all of the things stored under the tables! My Hubby built me the shelves last week and I painted them black.Here is a view of the corner-
The shelves were made from some old shutters that I got at a friend's yard sale. I spent $2 on them. He used the tall shutters on the ends and made the short shutters into doors to hide more clutter! He cut the shelves from some scrap wood. I put fabric inserts in the doors by covering foam board and glue "gunning" them in place.


I've been taking all the assorted tins (many from Christmas) and spray painting them. Some I have used chalkboard paint on so they can be labled. On these I used a paint pen to paint numbers on- as seen around blogland.
The Hubby also helped me with this project. Thrift store frame, spray painted -of course, dowls, cup hooks and buttons. I glued the buttons on the end of the dowls to keep them from slipping out of the cup hooks.
This shelf was another yard sale treasure. I should have taken a before picture. It had broken and missing pieces on the back of each shelf. I pulled them off and again- went after it with black spray paint!
These jars will go under the ribbon frame when I hang it on the wall. They were from an estate sale and a thrift store. One had a silver lid with a red knob. The other did not have a lid at all. I found a tin lid that fit and two matching knobs. Again- behold the wonder of black spray paint!
As always please stop by Blogerittaville to see Thrifty Treasure. Many of my ideas came from these creative ladies that hang around there!
The shelves were made from some old shutters that I got at a friend's yard sale. I spent $2 on them. He used the tall shutters on the ends and made the short shutters into doors to hide more clutter! He cut the shelves from some scrap wood. I put fabric inserts in the doors by covering foam board and glue "gunning" them in place.

I've been taking all the assorted tins (many from Christmas) and spray painting them. Some I have used chalkboard paint on so they can be labled. On these I used a paint pen to paint numbers on- as seen around blogland.
The Hubby also helped me with this project. Thrift store frame, spray painted -of course, dowls, cup hooks and buttons. I glued the buttons on the end of the dowls to keep them from slipping out of the cup hooks.
This shelf was another yard sale treasure. I should have taken a before picture. It had broken and missing pieces on the back of each shelf. I pulled them off and again- went after it with black spray paint!
These jars will go under the ribbon frame when I hang it on the wall. They were from an estate sale and a thrift store. One had a silver lid with a red knob. The other did not have a lid at all. I found a tin lid that fit and two matching knobs. Again- behold the wonder of black spray paint!
As always please stop by Blogerittaville to see Thrifty Treasure. Many of my ideas came from these creative ladies that hang around there!

10 comments:
Your space looks great. So many wonderful ideas for organizing. The shutter shelf you made is wonderful.
Jane
I am green with envy. 'Nuff said. lol
What a wonderful room! I wish this was at my house!!! Love the shutter shelf.
wow, that's a big space...and love all the colors. The ribbons look like candy in those jars. That black spray paint looks good. I like how you have your machine in front of the window.
Love it Love it Love it!!!!
fabulous idea on painting those tins. What a neat idea. Oh and I love the ribbon shelf. green with envy here.
Looks great to me! I love the frame holding the ribbons...did you screw cup hooks into the frame?
Very good uses for thrift finds! I had my nephew build me a ribbon holder as well and I love it. "Nice job" to the hubby! And great job to you for getting things organized!
Wonderful ideas. So organized. Maybe you can come up with some ideas for my "junk" room. You didn't show your over the door clear shoe organizer. That has been a real neat idea for keeping things visable and out of the way.
xxoo lil
I'm a new Follower From Thrifty Thursday Link Party! Visit me at http://www.rockindeals4you.com/?p=1398 and sign up for my newest giveaway! u
Your organization is sooooo inspirational. Ok, tomorrow I am going to tackel...something. I think the kitchen cabinets. Ugg. Let me go look at your picture again!
Thanks for linking up to Thrifty Thursday!
Leigh, Bloggeritaville
www.lbratina.blogspot.com
Post a Comment