As usual, when the weather warms up, all inside projects go on hold and we return to the backyard! We had beautiful weather this weekend so we made the most of it. We started with a little "yard sailing" where the hubby was more lucky this weekend. He got a weed eater, a tool box on wheels, and a Japanese Maple.
We stopped and got a few more bedding plants and spent the rest of the weekend planting and spending pool time!
Someone got carried away when he filled up the Tiki torches- OOPS !!!
Last summer we bought a gazebo/bar. It took up too much real estate around the pool so this year we expanded the concrete around the pool. A couple of weeks ago he tore out a chunk of fence and WE poured a new concrete pad for the bar. His vision for the bar is a Tiki/Pirate look! I know, I know..... we are stuck in the Disney mode!!! He put up a flag pole with a Pirates of the Caribbean flag! And I made him this sign-
He had some of his deputies take the wood out to the range and use it for target practice before I painted it!He found some bar stools at a yard sale and I recovered the seats. We won't leave these outside - they are just for company.



3 comments:
Looking good. Love the bar sign, the fish pond and the seat covers for the stools. The Jap. maple is one of my favorites. What is to say about the torch? Enjoy !!!
xxoo Lil
LOVE that sign. TOO CUTE! You'll have to post pictures of the entire thing when it opens for business. ;)
LOVE the sign. My son is Jack and I collect pictures of signs and businesses from all over. I am going to make him a poster collage for his room. Hope you dont mind if I add your sign to the mix?
Post a Comment