
Thanks for all the hints on the mystery flowers! I Googled Surprise Lily and they fit my flowers perfectly. They have many other alias names and one of them is Bare Naked Ladies! We have some day lilies in our yard - the flower is similar but they have leaves. These flowers have nothing but stem and bloom! They grow 4-6 inches a day until they are 20-24 inches tall, then burst into bloom. They last a few days and then die. There is no sign of them until next July. I also learned that some bulbs bloom every other year. I can't remember how many we transplanted but I know there were more than the three that came up this year.

LuLu has won over the dogs. They want to play with her, but she is too small. We only let them be in the same room under close supervision. Seven has not accepted her yet. There is less hissing and more watching (stalking) but again we are not leaving them alone together yet. Here she is showing her hunting skills as she "finds Nemo"!!


I had some requests to show our beach paintings. I haven't found frames for most of them yet. First the boy's work-

And a couple of mine....


Finally to Nevis- it takes us 4 hours and 10 minutes to get to the beach. This is with DH driving and does not include our one stop on the other side of Montgomery at Priester's Pecans. This is a required stop because -1. They have clean bathrooms 2. They give free samples of candy 3. The other food is good 4. You can watch them make candy 5. The gift shop is cute, they often have pug merchandise! I know the exact time so well because we have a family travel tradition. Each person gets a surprise bag if we travel for 1 hour without any fussing. It has been worth every penny to do this for road trips over the years. I make 4 bags for each person (including DH) for a beach trip! I put silly stuff in the bags -gum, socks, puzzles, card games. I collect things whenever I see cheap stuff during the year from thrift stores, yard sales, Dollar Stores so when ever we go more than 2 hours I make up bags!

7 comments:
Wonderful paintings. Love "T's" beach scene. Love the sea grass and fencing. Clouds are wonderful. Makes for fine memories. Also, the surprise bags work well. Makes car travel interesting. Love your idea of stopping at the candy/restroom/giftshop place. You are soooo organized.
XXOO Lilly
Wonderful paintings and we'll have to check out Orange Beach! It looks beautiful and I could use a long, peaceful weekend vegging out on the beach.
I like that last painting a lot.
Emma just watched Finding Nemo for the first time the other day and now all I hear is "Nemo Fishy?" She wants to watch it ALL THE TIME. :)
That is the sweetest looking kitten.
Thank you for solving the mystery flower. Google is great, isn't it? The paintings are really nice. I can see where all the talent is in the family. And it ain't where I am. Love kitty pics. Had our 8 & 9 year old grandkids this week. Busy. Wonder how I did it lo these many years ago while working 2 jobs. love from lkpt.
Lulu is so precious!
Wonderful paintings...I'm so glad you shared. I especially like the ones with the fence and such pretty clouds.
Lulu is a sweetie...Hugs, Linda
p.s. we call your mystery flower naked ladies.
Hello to Priesters!!!! Love it. Always have to stop if it's open when we pass by...if we're not in a big hurry. I love seeing your vacation pictures! I gave you an award on my blog! I wanted to share your blog with my friends, too.
Post a Comment