Next - the paper mache projects made it for the 4th of July! I put the glaze and the ribbons on them and hung them on the feather tree! I really enjoyed working on these. As always, when I worked on them, more ideas popped into my mind! So I have started even more. I forgot to take a picture of the Halloween pug- but, I will be making more of them before Halloween. The stars on the tree are made of Styrofoam stars or tin foil shaped like a star -then covered with paper mache. I will be making more of them, too. I also have started some tiny Uncle Sam's made from a night light bulb. Last year I tried selling some Halloween ornaments on Ebay. It was OK, but I have sold them for more $$$ here in town. I have been thinking about trying Etsy. Maybe sometime in the future.....


Finally - The June Coupon Project!
Today's haul from Walgreen's - value $53.68- spent $7.45 OOP! I did use some money off my gift card, but I will be rebating and adding $10 back on so far for July. I have totaled my spending for groceries and drug store purchases for the month. It was shocking! I have my work cut out for me. I did save 53% overall, which I am proud of, but still I am surprised at the amount I do spend. I hope that the stocking up that I have been doing will even out and now I can maintain this stockpile without buying so much in one month!


4 comments:
Morning....my goodness, I had a lot of catching up.
The fireplace is just beautiful, your huband did a wonderful job.
Love all the 4th ornaments. Great tutorial, I'd like to try making these. The feather tree looks darling.
Love "Big Pink"! I especially love the savings. I coupon too, but I need to be better organized. You have some great ideas.
Happy 4th of July...hugs, Linda
The fireplace is just beautiful, excellent work.
Love the fireplace and the insert and the tile work. I like the fact that you have minimized the amount of "stuff" on the mantel. However, being a lover of "stuff", I would keep adding the right things to it.
Your ornaments turned out very nicely. I like the stars.
Where did you get Big Pink? That is a great idea for keeping coupons handy and in order.
What is your next project? Could it be the pool?
XXOO Lilly
Super cool about the puggies! My fav vet there is Dr. Jere Colley - he is wonderful with pugs. He really loves them, you can tell. And he knows so much about the breed since he grew up with them.
Btw, LOOOVE the fireplace and the paper mache!
Post a Comment