This year the Santas are on the dining room table. The one in the middle was a gift last year from my friend who headed up the Victorian Porch Tour.
The rest of the room is much the same. (I was so glad to be able to look back on the blog to save time!)
In the parlor we have a new tree! After fighting the monster tree for 12 years I gave up. This is a 7 foot prelit tree that took less than an hour to put up. The old one took a whole day! It is on a short round table to give it a little more height.
In the kitchen all of the elves got contained in this cabinet this year, which moved across the room to make a place for a project piece...
Earlier this year we bought 3 of these hutches at a yard sale. The first one was a little smaller. It went straight to the booth with no changes and sold quickly. The second one had many issues. It was missing drawers and very scratched up. It had a major makeover. It is a very heavy 2-piece dresser and hutch...the back however was cardboard. Hubby took that off and added real beadboard. Then I painted the whole thing. Brown beadboard and top of the dresser, tanish-gray for the rest of it. And a brown burlap curtain where the missing drawers were. It turned out nice but it was a lot of work! That one just sold this week after sitting in the booth 2 months.
This one we put in the kitchen until I could get to it...of course that was a mistake because I began to use it. There is a lot of storage in that big boy and it is now full! I would like to put beadboard on the back.... But I don't really want to sell it now.....
The only other change this year is in the hall... Again I had a piece that was a project. An orphan hutch that I just stuck on top of the hall table and it turned on to be a pretty good fit. It made setting up the village much easier....may keep this piece for a while, too!

1 comment:
Everything looks to pretty and festive. You do such good restoring work. I love your new tree!
Post a Comment