One of the projects that I have missed blogging about is our new fixer-upper! In May, for Mother's Day Tommy surprised me with another Victorian house. I will never get done with our house and yet he decided we need a 2nd home?? Crazy??? Yes, but I love it! And it is a dollhouse! I am just an antique child and this is my ultimate toy. I hope I get more done on it next year. Here is a look at what I have done so far!
I wish I had some before pictures. This is the parlor/music room now decorated for Christmas. In this room I had to removed horrible wallpaper. It looked like it had been applied with rubber cement. Big gloppy globs that took a month to remove. The walls were sanded and primed. They are now ready for paint....but I have wavered on color choice. This is the only floor in the house that I kept. I did sand and stain it a darker color. The Baby Grand and the harp were Christmas gifts from the music teacher I work with in the violin program at school! The Victrola was a birthday gift from my Hubby. I made the couch, ottoman, and pug pillow. This is really the only room with furniture set up right now.
I have worked a little in the master bedroom, also. The whole house had to be primed and sanded. The wall colors were outrageous- hot pink in here- purple, lime green, etc... I also removed flooring like the shag carpet in this room! The shag was so tall the furniture was hidden!! The brass bed came from Angel's (also from Hubby) and the quilt was made by a good friend who has worked with me on the Porch Tour. She also made sheets and pillows! I made the bed skirt and the throw pillow. I found the tiny suitcase and end table at a thrift store. I will install hardwood floors and paint after my electrician runs the wires for lighting! So you can see this will be a labor of love....just like our house is.....never ending!
First floor will be parlor and kitchen, second floor master and boy's bedroom, third floor bathroom, sewing room and girl's room, and the attic in the turret!
Some of the trim had fallen off so I will have to replace that. I have touched up the paint on the outside and added doorknobs! I love my dollhouse! He found it at a Community yard sale and when I saw it I cried!!

1 comment:
It's perfect! I love dollhouses. My niece has one and I gave her lots of little accessories when she was younger. Now it's waiting for her little girl to get old enough to play with it.
Post a Comment