Thursday, October 18, 2012

Sweater Pumpkins



 My best seller of October has been the Sweater Pumpkin!  Made from old sweaters that I had in the donate or dispose of bag and some odds and ends.  I have made a lot and spent only $1.50 for supplies.  All of the remaining pumpkins in my booth sold this weekend so I whipped up this basket full during tv time last night.

One of my customers complained that I did not have any orange pumpkins so I spent $.50 for a thrift store sweater.  For small pumpkins cut off sections of the sleeves.   Gather one end.  Stuff. Gather the other end. Decorate.

I used twine, a felt leaf, a branch and 2 buttons.

One button is glued on the bottom,



They are each unique.









For the  bigger pumpkin just cut a circle out of the body of the sweater and gather the edge like I did with this one-
 
I hope all of these little ones find new homes this weekend !
 
Editted- Seven of the ten pumpkins sold before I left Angels on Friday!  I will have 14 more in the booth by Sunday :) 

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

They are darling and would love to live in N.C. I check your site every day hoping that you would blog something and this is such a good idea and easy to follow. Cheers...Lil

Sandy said...

Those are so cute! I love seeing what you are creating.

Anonymous said...

Looks like your front doors are in need of some varnish. The sun has bleached them . Whatcha think DH ?

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

these are so cute - saving this idea for next year!!