I had to make some changes at the Swamp. Lulu, the Boy's cat, declared war on my parlor furniture. There is no way to keep her off the furniture - there is no door- I tried sprays, aluminum foil, water gun, even a motion sensor- she could not be stopped.
So as much as I did not want to do it - I switched the parlor and dining room furniture. The dining room has pocket doors that the cat can not get open. Since I was beginning to decorate for fall and cleaning up this seemed like the time to take these extreme measures!
So now when you walk through the front door you see the dining room first.
Now I really have to keep this table looking good so I played with my dishes to have a fall look. We have not had dinner in here yet. It will be a few extra steps to bring the food in here,
I will try to live with it a while or until I outlive the cat!
If you turn right and go thru the doors you are in the parlor.
The thing that I like about this arrangement is that I can sit in here in the morning with my paper and coffee. The room is very light. I also can have a rug in here since there will be no animals to destroy it!
I am going to have to make curtains for this room now. I have them cut out but I liked the light so much that I never finished them. There will be times when I will want more privacy now. It never bothered me that the neighbors could see us having dinner but I want to read the paper in my pajamas without company!
Wednesday, September 26, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

4 comments:
It looks great. I'd be happy to have a dog free zone so I could have a rug, too.
This looks amazing. Love the colorfulness of the room. Your tablescape looks really nice. Did I ever make you a leaf placemat for the table or did you teach me how to do it. I have 4 ceramic gourds and a twig of fall colored leaves on a burlap runner on the trunk. I love the change of colors. Your centerpiece is very nice. Must do one. I am looking for 6 eastlake drop pulls for the chest in the den. found some on line but I think I will go to W-S tomorrow. xxoo Lil
Just noticed your leaf placemat on your coffee table. Thought you had taught me how to do it. I went to "Goat Feathers" antique/junk store. I got a small wooden clothes dryer - maybe for linen display and a fat or wide yard stick. Then on to "Lost in time" antique mall. I got a wooden tool carrier, folding rule, blue danube creamer (60% off) and green handled star cookie cutter and an Adams creamer - all on sale. Like sales ! xxoo Lil
Oh, those darn cats! Ours is declawed (came that way to us, we didn't do it) and still she gets on a couple of pieces of furniture - same two pieces and same two spots - and scratches away. Even with no claws, she still manages to pick the fabric.
Oh, and I wish someone would offer some upholstery classes around here. The couch really doesn't seem too hard to do. I'm just afraid I'll get stumped and quit mid project. That's my usual MO.
Post a Comment