Friday, July 20, 2012
Pinterest Crafts
Pinterest is such a great source of inspiration for me! Sometimes I just search for a supply that I have in my stash and I have instant ideas to keep me busy. For instance -chenille....I am a hoarder of old chenille plus the trims that go with it. I take the fringe off the bedspreads and even save the cotton lining on shams and the buttons on duvets. And here is the result:
A pile of pillows ready to go to my booth. Some are presold because every time I put one out there it sells and some people have asked me to sell them one before it gets sold out from under them!
Each one is unique. All recycled or new supplies from yard sales or thrift stores. I use down inserts and they are so fluffy!

I have used many burlap ideas from Pinterest. These are ready for football season- Auburn colors and Aubie of course!
The burlap Aubie is a door hanger and the one in the back is painted on a recycled cork board. Somehow a vintage Aubie glass from the thrift store got in the picture...
After a recent tragedy in Auburn I have seen a lot of Auburn crosses so I tried one in burlap.
This top is another Pinterest project. It is much cuter on but I failed at taking my own picture wearing it! I have sold many pillowcase dresses for kids this year and this is made the same way. Except bigger and this is a top. I have seen some made from recycled T shirts and men's dress shirts. This was a Ann Taylor XL t shirt $1.99. I cut off the neck and sleeves. Made some self bias to edge the armholes and a casing at the neck. The tie is cut from a navy T shirt I had.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
Hi...I haven't been by for a while - Love these pillows! And the chair you recovered is fabulous - and the cute burlap lamp! You have been very creative lately! Well done!
As for the M-C Barn Sale, the prices are around 50% off however many are seconds and you have to be very diligent in looking over each piece (and some look perfect to me, too) The original prices are outragious, and even sometimes I think the sale prices are too high - addictions are scary!
Hope all is well with you and I am happy you stopped by (I had you bookmarked on my school computer, along with many others I have lost touch with and when I retired, I simply lost my memory - haha)
Gurrll... You've been busy! I love the pillows and would be a copy cat, but I'm not sure I've got any chenille hanging... a..round...... Oh, who am I kidding? I'm pretty sure I've got some chenille hanging around. Finding it is another thing all together.
Love all you have done. Love, Love the pillows. Down inserts---Yum.
The top with the draw string would look cute on daughter #1 - Yes? So glad you are posting again. I still can't join Pinterest. Don't know why.
Love Lilly xxoo
Post a Comment