Saturday, July 21, 2012

What I Have Dragged Home This Week...

Or at least some of it! Last week I was under the weather- I didn't leave the house. So this week I have been itching to get out to the garage sales and thrift stores. Two of my favorite finds are posing on this cute little end table that had a makeover this week. The table is a good solid piece of Bassett furniture. I painted it this week with one of my favorite colors of Annie Sloan chalk paint- Graphite with a touch of dark wax in the distressed areas. One of the plates is the Southern Living at Home Dress Me Up Plate- new in the box. The other is a beautiful Shenango Plate.
This plate is so thin! With a beautiful embossed band and featuring a Naval Battle from the War of 1812. I found it at a yard sale. It was dirty but I could see how pretty it was underneath and it washed up perfectly! Love!
And these big boys took my breath away! I loaded them into my cart with the speed of light-







After I calmed down I saw the babies, too! And 50% off!!! Next came this wrought iron plant stand and all these little goodies. Rook game, Carrriage sillouette prints, a bunch of jello molds and some Restaurantware.




I have not even counted all of these molds!















The lower plate is Shenango- from the King Cole Restaurant- I might have my Hubby try that on ebay. In a few days he will be making a real life change- retirement! He will need to keep busy with our junking business.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

What great finds. Will you sell all or some ? Seems like you could do something cute with the molds. I am able to see some things on pinterest by going through someone else's blog. Your Lkpt cousin has mentioned some on facebook. Keep up with the pillows. They really are cute.
Lil xxoo

Sandy said...

You have a talent for finding the good stuff. And it's always fun to see how clean you get things! That plate is so pretty. And great job on that piece of furniture.

Wanda @ Just Vintage said...

Ya done good! And yeah, keep that boy busy. Although, I doubt you'll have to try too hard. Ricky's been painting and redoing furniture and listing on eBay so much we rarely see each other.

We need to have a girl's craft day sometime and do something with those molds. I've got a bazillion, too. I like those flower looking ones. Never seen any like that.

Diana Chastain said...

New follower. Found you on iheartpublix's website. :)