It picked up a little after Chattanooga but rain and getting lost wore us out. We decided to turn back to Mentone where we were spending the night at Crystal Lake Lodge.
Saturday, August 6, 2011
World's Longest Yard Sale
The World's Longest Yard Sale runs from Michigan to Gadsden, Alabama in August. At the last minute my Hubby and I decided to take a couple of days and see how far we could get. Since I had done this once before with a girlfriend I knew there was a little town, Mentone, that is a good rest stop. We made some reservations at 2 different Bed and Breakfast since things were booked up at this late date!

We drove up Wednesday night to stay at the Mentone Springs Hotel. It was built in the 1880's.
We had a small room with a fireplace and a shared bathroom- which turned out OK since we only had to share it with one other couple. We had a huge breakfast (steak, grits, eggs, biscuits) on the wrap around porch.



Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

5 comments:
Glad you had fun! The B&Bs both look really nice. I went on the Longest Yard sale once 12 years ago and swore I'd never do it again. And I haven't. LOL Too hot, too expensive (the things I liked were too much to resell) and.. did I say too hot? ;-)
I hope your cousin sees the milk glass divided dish with gold trim. Everywhere you look here and in WNY those dishes are a dime a dozen. We would laugh every time we saw one. The other items look interesting but I am not certain I would endure the heat to search for them. The B & B's look great. Time to look for a new hobby.
xxoo Lil
Could you please let me know when you list the Rebecca Nurse house plate? Assuming it's the same Rebecca, she was my husband's great great (maybe another great, I dunno)grandmother and was hung as a witch in Salem. I know he'd love to have it!
those 2 little thumb print milk glass glasses are to die for!
wow, that one B&B DID look like Disney World!
Diane- the plate is already on ebay! I tried to email you but I only get an error message!
Post a Comment