
I am not sure how thrifty this pumpkin pillow really is! In theory it is thrifty- in reality ...I have a lot invested in it! It started a year ago at the Country Living Fair where I saw them and knew I wanted to make one. So the idea was costly...3 days at the Fair.....$$$$$

I have a room full of fabric scraps so finding some in fall colors should not have been difficult...the stress of tackling the mountain of fabric....not to mention the time involved....$$$$$

I finally found two patterns I liked, cut 3 panels out of each. It took longer to sew them up than I thought it would and took a lot more stuffing than I thought it would!!! $$$$$$$

The stem and leaf are made from felted wool sweaters. I have plenty of brown but am almost out of green. Spent a couple more hours at the thrift stores looking for another green wool sweater....$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Am thinking about adding some of these to my Etsy store......I figure this first one only cost me about $350.00 to make! And people wonder why handmade things are not always thrifty!!!
5 comments:
Thanks so much for stopping by and leaving such a sweet comment - very well said.
And, I love your pumpkin pillow. It looks like it might not have been an easy project.
Rhonda
This is so sweet...love the fabrics, so go for it and make more...I am sure they get easier and cheaper as you continue!!
But you have to admit, that's one gorgeous $350 pillow!
very cute!
Do you want me to return the green sweater? Cute, cute idea. But consider the great time you had at CL fair and all the goodies you got not to mention the ideas. Am coasting along right now. Can't tell how I feel with this tremendous heat. OMG !!! xxoo Lil
Post a Comment