A small change in your house can give you a big lift!! For some time I have felt bad every.single. time. I went upstairs and passed a sad looking spot at the top of the stairs. But I did nothing...NOTHING...about it. I did not even take a before picture because I did not plan on making a change. You can get immune to problem areas in your house when you see it every day. So picture this- wobbly 3 leg cheap table-(you know the type!) covered by a too short tablecloth with holes in it! Table topper covering the holes that is covered with cat hair- Lulu used to lay there all day. She has moved to a new favorite spot. Milk glass vase under the table so the cat will not knock it off... just sad.

Meanwhile I purchased a white beat up 3 drawer wooden nightstand with the plan of using it to store some of my Etsy inventory... never thinking where I would put it. Do you see things coming together?
I painted it black and distressed it so some of the white showed through. Changed the knobs to cute Hobby Lobby 90% off checked knobs and had the Hubby carry it upstairs where he left it at the top of the stairs. A light bulb came on and I threw out the offending table. THE END

1 comment:
Very clever and very useful. A nice little "sit a spell" area.
xxoo Lil
Post a Comment