
I have not changed the tabletops in our hall since Spring! So I decided this week to make it my goal. To be thrifty I only spent $.80 and shopped my house and storage for vintage school items. In the hall I have an antique library table- a good place to begin.

I found teacher's plan book from 1907 - and NO- I was not teaching then.....

An old advertisement for school shoes, some old books, and an apple paperweight (which was a gift from a student of mine.)

Blue Horse Composition book- I do remember these from the 60's

My Hubby made these bookends for me -they always sat on my desk.

Old school photo from an estate sale...

The other side of the hall-
The Cranky Queen showed some eye glasses cases she made from old neckties this week-this is a pillow I made from ties...

I used a bunch of old encyclopedias to elevate things and make it more interesting-

Chalkboard tray-

My $2 typewriter, some globes found last year at Goodwill and another estate sale school picture.. The only $$$ I spent this week is for the new crayons I put in the glass jar! How I always loved the smell of new crayons at the start of the new school year!!
3 comments:
Lynn, Thanx for the pillow idea...too cute and the denim skirts with the scalloped trim would be precious for my nieces who are 2,7, and 12! I love your back to school theme! You gotta come check out the Pickle Patch girl! Call Wanda and I and we will go to lunch on the day that you are over...on your way you could stop at Dadeville at the OLD BANK Antiques (turn by McDonalds and go a couple of block on the corner) then you could go to LongLeaf Antiques and Flea Mkt in Alex City and then on to us! A days worth of shopping! Thanx for the plug in your blog! Tiff
really neat pillow. I saw where someone used old neckties to "recane" the bottom of a ladderback chair. It looked so neat.
Very creative and interesting. Like to see the changes you make. You know that I love everything. Maybe I will get going and change a few things. Give me some ideas for my house. Still have to finish the trim work and paint in the dining room. Went shopping for North Ala. birthday girl. Will go to an Antique sale here tomorrow. Hope there is something I can't live without. Sent son #1 a card today. Getting older. Go see Wanda's space and tell me about it. xxoo Lil
Post a Comment