Saturday, May 28, 2011

Revisiting ETSY

A few years ago I tried a few handmade items on ETSY to see how it works. I quickly found out that my schedule did not leave room to keep up with producing enough to make it worthwhile. I really would like to try again now that I understand more about online sales...Plus I have a partner now that the Hubby does a lot of the work -shipping- posting and even buying. ETSY is more in line with my loves -thrifty, handmade, vintage- so I am giving it another try. I would like to get into some handmade products, but at first I am starting with vintage items and supplies from my stash.

Vintage rick rack is softer than todays. I have always bought these at estate sales.

Colors from the 50's and 60's are now popular again! Love this aqua!

I discovered that in the 60's I would have been a size 14 according to the pattern measurements! The last dress I bought was a size 2. I am ashamed to say that I have not made a dress in several years (about 10) ....Some of the vintage patterns I have are cute. I may try one!

Found these cuties at an estate sale today. I'm not "in" to owls but the owls we have found have all sold on ebay- so someone is!

I do like vintage pottery! And I do like when it does not sell quickly- I get to enjoy it while it is waiting for a new home!

My goal is to list 4 or 5 items a day to fill up my store. Please stop by from time to time! Thanks!

4 comments:

Lilly said...

This is a great idea. I hope there is interest in the vintage patterns as I have quite a few. This is a great way to "unstash". Good luck.

xxoo Lil

Laurie said...

I have lotsa fun selling on Etsy -- have two stores, one handmade and one vintage! Your stuff is fun!

Anonymous said...

Wishing you much success in your new Etsy venture. I may have to consider it one day myself if I continue to collect such wonderful goodies at thrifts and yard sales.

kristie said...

funny, i'm toying with the idea of starting a new etsy store to sell all the vintage stuff in my house i'm decluttering...let us know if you are successful!