Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Thrifty Thursday


I've missed Thrifty Thursday for a few weeks! I've missed finding time to go thrifting! And my few trips have not been successful. I did find this cute wire birdcage at Hobby Lobby - 80% off- so from $29.99 down to $6!

I shopped around the house to dress it up. First a broken Dollar Tree bird (thanks to Lulu)- in a nest made from a vintage hat. Next the dried roses from my Mother of the Groom bouquet. And topped with a tag I made.


I tried to print this image on t-shirt transfer paper. Then I burned/ironed it on a piece of linen and sewed the linen on a piece of card stock. Next time I will not iron it so long...it fried a little.







Don't forget to stop by Leigh's place for some thrifty ideas!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

This is wonderful. I have picked up some ornamental birdcages and just don't know how to pull them together. Yours is lovely.
And what a great deal!

Julie said...

Love the birdcage and all the "feathering" you did to it!!
I too, love birdcages. Sometimes Hobby Lobby's markdowns are every bit as good as Thrift Store shopping! YAY..It all looks great. thanks for sharing.

Diann @ The Thrifty Groove said...

Very nice bargain on the birdcage! It looks great.

brandi @ tales of a domestic goddess said...

LOVE it!! i have a bird cage and have yet to figure out what to do with it!!

visiting from tales from bloggeritaville

blakadomesticgoddess.blogspot.com

AM said...

fantastic! I never thought to put faux birds in there! Great looking. And GREAT deal.