Saturday, July 3, 2010

The Boy

The Boy or Son #4 turned 14 this week. He celebrated by taking some friends to a movie and eating a lot of cake. I saw this giant cupcake pan (as seen on TV!) for 75% off at CVS. He never wants a birthday cake...says he doesn't like cake. Over the years he has had birthday brownies and ice cream cakes. He does like strawberry shortcake and cream cheese frosting so he did get a birthday cake this year!


It was SO good! We have each gained 5 pounds! It takes 2 boxes of cake mix! There was a little too much batter so you can make a few little cupcakes, too. When you bake the bottom of the cake there is an insert to make a hole. You can fill it with ice cream or anything you want.
In other news he also went fishing this week and brought home dinner. I have never cooked a fresh fish.....but I am going to try!








Lord, help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 comments:

Keetha Broyles said...

That cake looks awesome!!!

Great catch!!!

(Are those bass? They kinda look it to me - - - so if you don't like them after you cook them, don't blame yourself. Fisherhubby and I don't even eat bass - - - we think it is toooooo fishy. I mean, it's edible and all, we just don't like it. So if you don't like it, it may not be your fault!)

Random Musings said...

Looks so good! I have been wondering about that pan!

Lilly said...

Wonderful cake ! Looks so good.
Good for the fisherman. I will save all of Grandpa's fishing stuff for him. There is plenty of it.

Happy 4th of July. Nothing planned for today except feed cats at your brother's house. Hooray !

xxoo Lilly