I don't know how it could be August! The Pugs have been sleeping in front of the AC vents for 2 weeks! The temperature has been in the high 90's everyday. We have been like vampires- coming outside when the sun goes down!
I have been doing a lot of sewing. The most important job has been this sweet baby boy nursery. He is due in a month so I had to get this done. The bumpers are a mix of all these fabrics. The stripe is the bed skirt for the crib and twin bed in the room. The blue geometric pattern is the curtains and the yellow minky ddodt is the changing pad. I only have one bed skirt to finish!
I have been doing a lot of sewing. The most important job has been this sweet baby boy nursery. He is due in a month so I had to get this done. The bumpers are a mix of all these fabrics. The stripe is the bed skirt for the crib and twin bed in the room. The blue geometric pattern is the curtains and the yellow minky ddodt is the changing pad. I only have one bed skirt to finish!
This is the cushion for a day bead in my next project. The cording is pink and white leopard. The pillow shams are the green and white. I have just started this room. The bedspread will have ruffled tiers of all three fabrics.
I have also been practicing smocking. The last smocked outfit I made was worn by Son #2 when he was 2. He is almost 27 now. I want to refresh my skills before the Grandbaby arrives in late February!!!
The rest of my time has been spent getting a certain 14 year old ready to start high school next week!

3 comments:
You are so talented! Can't believe school is starting for you all so soon. Our air conditioner has been running nonstop...scares me to think it might get worn out!
I love it all. Since you used blue thread on the practice smocking, does that mean daughter #1 is having a boy? Got to let me know. New York was FAB !!!. I could easily live there. I don't know if I could drive to Stone Mountain. I could not bring anything home if I did not drive. Thinking about it.
xxoo Lilly
I know what you mean about being inside. I sweat from my front door to my car door! I really wish I could sew, I think I need to take a class you always do such beautiful work.
Post a Comment