
Most weekends we are happy to go to the backyard and putter around. Ever since we moved into the Swamp my Hubby has worked to make the backyard our refuge. I wish I had a before picture to show how desolate it was when we moved in. Just picture a large yard with big trees and 3 years of leaves and weeds covering everything. It has come a long way!

This summer he has added this walkway from the "grilling" patio to the pool. We had some temporary stepping stones that were not wide enough.

The stepping stones have been
repurposed to make a place for the ferns. The ferns started out near the gate on the cement until they grew so big!

Last year's project was a raised planter that is still not filled up. But it is coming along. The
hostas will fill in and we put some
saliva and coleus in the empty spots.

This little fountain is the focal spot. It needs some more plants to fill around it.

This plant stand is a piece of "road kill" I found . It looked like a tree had fallen on it! Hubby just bent it back into place and it is as
good as new! I really like the bright green coleus and sweet potato vine this year.

The pond plants have been abundant this year. We added the pond one summer when we had two teenagers that were grounded for something long forgotten. They got to dig a pond while they served out their
ssentence.

The waterfall is completely covered in this water plant this year. We can still hear the water trickling but can't see it.

Speaking of covering.....this is the ENEMY.....covering the trees....KUDZU! We battle it daily! It is rooted in the neighbor's yard and grows over on to our trees. It does provide privacy for the pool! Every time a vine gets to the pool fence I hack it off.

Here is the ENEMY. I take out my frustrations by twisting it into this basket. I have also made a wreath.

Finally, the outside dog, Big Jeff, does not get much blog time. Here he is hiding under the table! Have you ever heard of a lab that is afraid of the water? He is a big baby! We do have a plastic baby pool for him.

Just to show you how big this baby is.....his paws are bigger than my hands!
7 comments:
It looks so nice! So relaxing!!!
I love your garden ideas! I also love to garden - see my blog for photos too!
margyvogelcoomer.blogspot.com
All of the houses on your street and the surrounding streets are all absolutely gorgeous..we all know there must be some beautiful yards hiding behind all of those old houses. What fun to see inside!
It looks so inviting!
I love the basket!
Rhonda
So pretty! I love the part about the grounded teens digging a pond. My father-in-law often did the same thing to my husband and his brothers when they were younger.
Love everything you do. Love the old wheel barrow/water feature. How smart is that. You have an eye for garden design and a green thumb. Didn't know tha son #3's dog was a black lab. Love the path from the grill area to the pool. DL is an amazing person. Happy Birthday to son #4. Called today but no answer. I can see that you have been busy. xxoo Lilly
Your landscaping is awesome, good Job! Great looking lab also, we have a chocolate.
Thankks for writing this
Post a Comment