Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Thrifty Thursday


......Christmas decorating edition.Last spring a favorite little gift shop closed. I bought a few things on sale then I began to notice the left overs showing up at a thrift store.... So I've been using some of these finds with my tree collection to spruce up my decorations this year. I would never buy those stacked boxes with the $61 price tag on them...but for $5.99...they are mine! Much of the greenery and stem decorations were $.59 each.... that's a long way from $3-$12 each!


At $10.25 a bag the faux cranberries are a little high....
thrift store price = $.39 !!!! I filled up the urns for my little trees!




At another estate/rummage sale I found the Santa boots with the same store's price tag on the bottom- $10 and $5 - rummage sale price $2 and $1!!!



And the Okra Claus - hanging on the tree - free! We had a big crop of okra this year. I have never had so much that I couldn't keep up with it. So I dried some and painted them up!
Thanks to Leigh for hosting Thrifty Thursday each week! Be sure to go by here to get some Thrifty (free!) Inspiration!

17 comments:

Marigene said...

WOW! You certainly made out with the Christmas goodies...the prices you paid sure are thrifty. ♥ your little okra Santas.

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

You are one lucky gal...love the round boxes

ThriftyAnnabella said...

I've never seen Santa Claus made with Okra - very creative.

Jane said...

I love all of your Christmas finds. The boxes are fabulous and I would love to get my hands on some of the faux cranberries! Can't believe the prices!!
Jane

Shirley said...

I'm a sucker for stacking boxes, those are great and WOW, the price! Love all your Christmas things!!

Diann @ The thrifty Groove said...

You got some great bargains!

Sandy said...

Those little okras are so cute. Reminds me of the red chili ones I found in New Mexico in the past. Love seeing all those wonderful, expensive finds on your thrifty shopping..turned out to be unbelievable prices!

j said...

I think it is cool that you found better prices than the going out of business sale at the thrift store! Very good bargain hunting.

I love okra santas!

Anonymous said...

Wow, those hat boxes are so pretty, and a steal at $5.99! Those are some lucky finds! Enjoy. =)

Old Time Cindy said...

Oh...I love those boxes. I have the perfect place for them. And such a price...great job! Thanks for sharing!
Living it up at Lakewood,
Cindy

kristie said...

pretty stuff! question - how do you keep the evil lulu from taking those cranberries out of the tree bases???? that would NOT work at my house for sure.

Pam said...

wow wow wow! what great deals!! Love everything.

Happy To Be/ Gl♥ria said...

What great treasurer you found and the prices are also great...Thanks for sharing...Hugs and smiles Gl♥ria

susan said...

Oh my goodnes--painted okra. I never in a million years would have thought of that--I'm impressed :)

Anonymous said...

Awesome finds!!!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

HI Lynn!

What steals of deals you found! I LOVE those boxes. IN fact I saw little tags for giftgiving made from the same look material in Homewood at a store for more than that...for a little tag!
LOVE the cranberries weighting the trees!
And the okra Santas! I didnt even realize thats what it was until you said it. PRECIOUS! And so southern! Who couldnt love that?
Thank you for linking up to Thrifty Thursday this week, my sweet friend! Great deals!
HUGS!
Leigh
Tales from Bloggeritaville
www.lbratina.blogspot.com

Ally's Corner said...

Good idea for the cranberries. Love the Okra Claus, you should sell them, cool idea!