Sunday, November 15, 2009

Back to Blogland

I can't believe that my break lasted almost a month! The next month will be a blur. We have a trip to the mountains (with the pugs!), Victorian Porch Christmas Tour, The Wedding, and Christmas!

This weekend my bestest girlfriends hosted a Cooking Shower for the Bride. We each included a favorite recipe and something to cook or serve it with. The hostesses put the recipes in a book for her. It was a great shower!

You know how I love burlap....here is my tote bag to keep my stuff ready and organized. I will carry my spare shoes and a box of Kleenex in it on wedding day. I made bags for the Bride and her Mom, too.

The family favorite recipe- Lasagna - and a 13 X 9 pan!

The beautiful dining room set up for the guests! The house looked like it should be in "Southern Living" !!!!!

The kitchen was set up as the coffee station. The hostesses each brought their good china to mix and match! Later on everyone ended up in the kitchen!

The hostesses, Moms and the excited Bride! I love how coordinated we are in our black, white and gray outfits!

3 comments:

Sandy said...

So glad you're back! The tote bag is so cute and elegant! Looks like a lovely shower for the bride to be. Can't wait to see what all you'll be up to for the holidays.

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

Oh, what a great idea for a shower! I love it! And you are right, it does look like something from SL. Love the ladies looking so pretty. Wow! You DO have amlot on your plate! I am going to try and come to the Christmas Open House. I will email you closer to to let you know for sure. I think it'd be something fun to do with my mother. And I have always wanted to come. Hope I can see you!

Patti @ Pandoras Box said...

I love that theme for a shower...and the bags you made were cute...