Sunday, September 27, 2009

How Do You Clean a Flamingo ????

I can only imagine my neighbor's conversation today!

"Dear, what IS Swampgirl doing now?"
"It looks like she is either strangling her plastic flamingos or trying to brush their teeth!"

I was only trying to clean them. With a toothbrush. As I held them by the neck!

With all of the unusual rain we have had this year we also have black mold/mildew on everything....including my flock!
It has gotten much worse in the last two weeks!

I tried everything I had in the house and found that this did the best job! I am not doing a commercial for this product, but it did work much better than any of the other 5 things I tried!
When you spray it on-

-it foams up where the mold is! Then I grabbed them by the neck and scrubbed them with an old toothbrush to get in the grooves!

There- much better - but the neighbors are still laughing. I have also used this product on some of my outdoor cushions. While they still have a few stubborn spots, they do look better and it did not fade the fabric. So the answer to a stressful week is to take out the stress on your poor innocent yard decorations.............




9 comments:

Gerry said...

Good to know. I shall get some for my plastic deck chairs and table. Your pink birds look so much better. Will call tonight.

xxoo Lilly

lucky to be me said...

Pretty and pink!

Sandy said...

they do look so much better. I like product reviews!

Punchbugpug said...

Strange....I've never had to clean my flamingos from camp, but the sun faded them so bad I did have to repaint them...flamingo pink of course!

Pam said...

Looking much better indeed!

Nevis said...

Hey!!! We're having a Halloween party! You guys are welcome to come if you'd like! email me (tallaanrules@yahoo.com) and I'll send you a PDF of the invitation!

Leigh of Tales from Bloggeritaville said...

They're so pretty in pink! And I love to hear about a good product!
Girl! I got my box yesterday fromyour sweet friend Barbara (she is a doll!). I am going to share it on my Friday post. So excited, ideas running through my head as to what all I can do! Woot!
As for you, will you email me your mailng address, sweet friend?

Wanda said...

Oxi Magic. I've never seen that, but I can sure think of a bunch of uses for it. I'll have to remember to buy some.

We rigged some flamingos to float in the pool a couple of years ago. Cute, but they faded pretty quickly. I'd like to find some made to float.

prashant said...

look so much better. I like product reviews
Work From Home