Thursday, December 18, 2008

Countdown to Chistmas - Day 7

Party favors....


I just have not been very crafty this Christmas! I usually make some gifts, do some paper mache and sew a lot! This year.....not so much. I did make these party favors for the Moms of playgroup and I liked how they turned out. They are made from unfinished wood curtain rod finials (Lowes) and unfinished wood candle cups or flower pots (Hobby Lobby). I screwed them together, painted and varnished them. The tassel part is made of 2 kinds of yarn and several different ribbons. Hot glue inside of cups. Add a screw eye and ribbon to hang. They were pretty easy to mass produce, I made 10, and may make more. They don't take much time other than paint drying time!

6 comments:

kristie said...

OMG!!! i LOVE these. they are beeeutiful. where in lowes does one get the curtain rod finials? on the curtain aisle? i'm making some! cause everyone knows i of all people need another craft, lol.

Anonymous said...

Love, Love, Love them. There is a blog site with instructions for making the tassels. I bought "stuff" to make one. Gail has many that she bought locally. Some with a rooster on top and various decorations. Started with the candle cup. Hope you made me one.
XXOO Lilly

Anonymous said...

I told girlville to look at
www.betasseled.blogspot.com
She gives complete instructions on how to construct the tassels. Look at her post on Aug.25 '08. They are wonderful.
xxoo Lilly

Pam said...

I love those! Very nice!

Nevis said...

Super cool!

Sandy said...

Wow, those are great. You work is so good. What a talented bunch of blogger friends...you and Girlville and Pam and punchy and others...