Sunday, May 11, 2014

May on the Front Porch

I got up early this morning to a surprise from a sweet friend.  This makes it
real!  My 5th baby will graduate in a couple of weeks.  The bow appeared during
the night along with a poem that the Boy felt was written only for him.  He liked it
so much that he folded it up and put it in his pocket to take with him to work. 
Mother's Day was made special to me because someone took the time to make my
child feel special! 

 One of the best things about traditional Southern houses is the porch!  We tend to use it as storage space but, today it is sort of cleaned up.  I like stuff on the porch...rocking chairs, plants, and a porch swing...
 It needs a coat of paint this year.  I pressure washed it last week so at least the pollen is gone.
 My favorite corner....
 Love to repurpose junk.... we found this little chair on a junk hunt.  I was planning to take it to Angel's but plans change ....now it is my centerpiece!
 Found the seat  cushion at Goodwill and made the throw pillows from some fabric I found online.  After years of different arrangements this is the best the swing has ever looked!  Ready for a glass of sweet tea and good book!
 I just gave this ladder a coat of Annie Sloan's Emperor's Silk and some dark wax.  After it dries I will put some plants on it.

And here is my graduate ....before
 
And Now......in the blink of an eye!

2 comments:

Sandy said...

Congratulations to your graduate! It's fun to see the pictures of him. He's a handsome fellow! Your porch looks so relaxing and cool.

Anonymous said...

So proud of the Graduate. Know he will do fine in life. Love him so much. Your porch looks so nice. I cleaned mine after I looked at yours.

Happy Graduation dear Grandson !