If you work with pallets, you will recognize these spacer blocks that are on some pallets. Usually my Hubby just cuts these off and discards them, If they are real wood (not the pressed wood kind) I snatch them out of the junk pile for projects.
So here is the "Before" shot. I have to remove or pound in nails and sand them.
Next is the fun part. I paint them randomly with paint colors that I want to show through when I distress them. For SPRING I chose a gray base with emerald and aqua edges. Then I paint a thin layer of white over everything. I did not remember to take a picture to the end....
So here is my "AFTER" shot. The steps I left out are to stencil or freehand the letters you choose and then distress them by sanding where you want the color to show through.
I also glued felt on the bottom of each block so I will not scratch my table!
And speaking of the table..... here is the fabulous farmhouse table my Hubby just finished. It was sitting on top of more pallet spacers to make sure the finish dried before the trip to Angel's.
I am linking this thrifty project to this party: http://thethriftygroove.blogspot.com/2014/03/thrifty-things-friday-151.html

3 comments:
Love these blocks! Now to get my hands on some pallets. Thanks for linking to TTF!
You did an amazing job on those blocks. You always see things to do with materials! The table looks great.
Great idea to use these for deco blocks!! Love how you painted a contrast color under the while!
Post a Comment