We have been busy for the last month playing with pallet wood! There are tons of ideas on Pinterest for rustic projects made with recycled pallets. The first job is to locate source of free pallets. Hubby likes the cleaner new looking ones while I prefer the aged and distressed! Here is one of his latest projects:
Inside is a 48 qt cooler. And it has wheels. He has also made wine bottle racks and a table. I loved the table and wanted to put it out by the pool between our Adirondack chairs. It would be great to eat on or serve from....I still have hope because it has not sold yet!
I have taken his scraps and tried some pallet art. Again turning to Pinterest for ideas. I am trying to get ahead of the season by working on patriotic projects and football season!!! Next will be Fall and Halloween!
Next is a home project which I rarely complete any more.....
I have to have light weight door wreaths. And two of them which limits my selection... They cost more when you double it or if I make them it takes twice as long. So I saw this cute, fast and cheap idea to brighten up the porch. The center of the sunflower is a basket paper plate holder. I was lucky and found brown ones at the thrift store. I had planned on spray painting the natural kind.
The next hurdle was finding yellow burlap. Hobby Lobby finally got some in. I cut a long 5 inch wide strip, sewed it in a circle and gathered it. The last step was attaching it to the back edge of the plate holder. Total price $3.00 for 2!
The next project goes to the booth as soon as I get my patriotic display ready. I merged ideas from a couple of blogs to make a Rag Ruffle Flag Pillow. All of the materials are recycled and from my stash. The inner pillow was a down pillow - I bought it long ago to recover. When I unzipped it the feathers exploded. There was a hole in it. So I stuffed it in a plastic bag and there it has been for 2-3 years. I made a new case from a recycled sheet. Took it outside to put the feathers in. It still looks like I have slaughtered chickens in my back yard!
The denim came from 2 of my teacher jumpers ( please note -I have been retired 11 years- and yes I have hoarder issues) The white fabric came from the bottom of some curtains that I shortened and the red was a tablecloth in its former life!
The current project in the Swamp has to do with an old gun cabinet with a broken glass front...sadly we bought it that way last year with plans to replace the glass Never, Happened...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Sounds like you have been busy. While you are on the porch, brush on another coat of poly on the doors. They are beginning to look weathered. You should protect the finish. I love your sunflowers and your flag pillow . I rarely go on pinterest and when I do, I can't seem to get instructions. What am I doing wrong? Got to go to the dr. for a bp check. Hope all is well. Love Lil
Oh my goodness! You have some brilliant and creative ideas. I love your blog. Love the sign in this post and the transformed door to chalk board . . . oh, you are so talented. Great blog!!!
I hope that you don't mind me tagging along, and while I'm typing, I would love to invite you over to follow me back. I love junking and turning junk into cozy home furnishings. At the moment my husband and I are restoring an old wooden sailboat that we named Gypsy Rose. We hope to have her in the water sometime in June :)
Hope to hear from you . . . you crafty gal.
Your newest blogging sister, Connie :)
I cannot believe you have not blogged since spring! Wanted to tell you that I purchased the 2 vintage plastic candle stick lights from your booth @ Angels. Will post when I get decorated. We've got to go to lunch ... Do you Facebook ? I need your cell #. Tiffany
Post a Comment