There is no doubt that if I make goals for myself that it helps focus my effort! I made a goal of getting 10 things out of my house and I got rid of 26 items. Most of them were small things but less clutter is the goal! Some of those were more unfinished projects that I needed a push to finish. Like the carrot bunches - I have made some from burlap and chenille for the booth ...and I had even cut these out. Just let them sit...until now.
This cradle was done except for the mattress. I finished the quilt and pillow (along with 2 other sets last week) Hubby had painted the bed and he had to replace the bottom which was cardboard.
I worked on this Friday. Old piece of chippy wood, stenciled cross, Mod Podged the hymn on the edge. Saturday morning I added the burlap flower. Took it to the booth and it sold that day. Made a second one Sunday. Hubby has made some frames from this old wood. He saves me his scraps.
Hubby and I finished 3 of these memo boards this weekend. On some of them I decorated the clothes pins with scrapbook paper.
And an experiment... a couple of years ago I made some "Junque" necklaces for myself and often get comments on them. I have not tried them in my booth because I used up all of my junk and it is so easy for things like this to disappear since I don't have any kind of locked case. In my decluttering I found I did have more junk and did NOT need to make myself any more! I also found a few things on the clearance row at Hobby Lobby. I did put these in security boxes so they will not be easy to steal!
My final weekend project was this shabby chair. The only thing needed was for Hubby to attach the cute bird hook so I could hang the wreathe! I don't even want to say how long ago I dragged this home and it has just been sitting around on the porch! Now it can go clutter up someone else's porch!
On the schedule this week: pillowcase dresses, and painting a huge china cabinet that is parked in the den in front of the TV :(
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
you did great! Again! I got rid of a few things, nothing earthshattering but still stuff left and nothing came in, lol. Did all 26 items go to the booth or was some trash?
I'm impressed! And so envious. I can set goals like that and not even start.
Love the chippy cross piece. I'm not at all surprised that it sold so quickly.
Post a Comment