I really did OK with picking out some vintage restaurant ware to get rid of...I was just hoarding it! So my grand total was 36!!!
During the declutter process I had to take stock of the unfinished projects for the booth that are building up. Four of the items from Friday's thrift store trip were more projects! On to another challenge. I decided to finish 4 projects this weekend. I got this watering can at the thrift store. Should have taken a before picture- green with very ugly faded decal, but still had a cute shape and size going for it. The make over included sanding, priming, painting and a sweet vintage kitty decal. #1- Done!
This pillow is a burlap remnant that just fit a recycled down pillow insert. I added the burlap flower and button,sewed it up...#2 Done!
I started these pillowcase dresses a couple of weeks ago but put them aside when I ran out of thread. Got the thread but never got back to finish the dresses! Both made of vintage pillowcases (I admit to hoarding vintage pillowcases!)
Love the pattern on the boarder of this one and the ruffled eyelet on the white one! #3 and #4 Done!
Mission Accomplished!

2 comments:
I'm laughing cause I think I sent you like 6 pillow cases! I cannot believe you already got that box, I just mailed it?! I hope you can sell some of that stuff or use it in some projects to make stuff to sell.
Great job getting rid of some stuff AND uping the ante by finishing projects. You really took the challenge and ran with it.
I did the same thing tonight! The things I boxed up for my booth or donating outnumbered what I put back in the cabinet - and it felt so good!
Congrats to us!!
Post a Comment