Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Thrifty Thursday Nests









Oh, Pinterest, how I love you! I pinned some felted wool nests from this blog. Then I followed her tutorial (mostly) and came out with these sweet things!


I used an old moth eaten brown wool sweater ! = Free! I have made 10 nests, but so far I have only decorated 4.

I used wire, wool yarn, hymnal pages, feathers,scrabble letters and mini pine cones from my stash. = Free

The sticks came from my yard due to this recent stormy/tornado like weather! =Free

I did buy a bag of tiny eggs at the thrift store for $1.97 and some moss ribbon at Hobby Lobby for about $3 (using the coupon) So I will spend about $.50 per nest. Thrifty!


I'm going to link up to Leigh's party at Bloggeritaville!

2 comments:

Rhonda said...

These are awesome, girl! Love them.
Rhonda

Lilly said...

These are really nice. They look quite real. My humingbird nest which they build attached to a limb is very much like these. I really love them. I am a bird nest junkie.

xxoo Lilly